4 Nights 5 Days Kerala Adventure Holidays – Trekking,Camping,Cruising & more
Cochin | Meesapulimala 1N | Munnar (2N) | Alleppey (1N) | Cochin
Premium Nature Resorts
- Meesapulimala 1N : Tented Accommodation Non A/c
- Munnar 2N : Aranyaka Resorts (Valley View Room N A/c)
- Alleppey/Kumarakom 1N : Nova /Lake View House Boats/Similar (Premium Time A/c)
Cab : A/c Sedan for Transfers & Sightseeing
INR 46000 for 2 adults
*Cost not Valid from 15th Dec 10th Jan 2018Get best offer price
Day 01: Arrive Cochin Drive to Munnar |130Kilometers 04Hrs drive| Arrival should be by 10am @ Airport
You will be greeted by a representative of Munnar Holidays at the Kochi Airport and drive to one of the most preferred and beautiful hill stations in India, Munnar. Even on the way, you will witness the abundant natural beauty of Munnar. Once you are in Munnar you can experience the hill station in all its pristine natural beauty adorned with green pastures of spice plantations, beautiful rivulets, cascading waterfalls and dense forests. On arrival at Munnar by 02pm drive to Silent Valley Base Camp by Jeep you will reach Silent Valley by 3Pm.
For the adventure-lover in you, Meesappulimala is the place to be at in Munnar. Being the second highest peak in the grand Western Ghats, Meesappulimala offers a wide range of daring opportunities to travelers who seek unlimited thrill. With all the adventures that the spot has to offer, it never is only for the thrill seekers; the views from the peak are stunning, and the options for trekking are limitless.
Overnight stay will at Base camp located at the altitude of about 6000ft. feel the outdoors by staying in the tents arranged at the camp. Electricity for the camp is generated using micro turbine. The best thing about Munnar is chillness and the climate. Enjoy the night in the outdoors by sitting around the campfire and savour a delicious supper. Spend the night sleeping in the wild. You can sleep overnight at the Tent Base Camp in Meesapulimala.
Optional Activities Enroute to Munnar on Extra Cost: Spice Plantation Visit, Elephant Safari.
Day 02: Meesapulimala Trek & Overnight stay at Munnar
Next morning brings to you an adventurous trek up to Meesapulimala / Rodo valley located at an altitude of around 7500-8700 feet, the sky-kissing and mist-clad landscapes of Meesappulimala are never about splendor views alone; they are also about unlimited adventure and excitement, as well. The process of trekking starts from the landscapes downhill and proceeds through the rugged trails that reach all the way uphill. The trek will provide all the thrills, excitements and adventure you are looking for. Once you are uphill, behold the most expansive views of the green clad tea gardens and the views will sure soothe you with all the comfort you need to relax. After Lunch by 2pm check out from Meesapulimala board the Jeep Transfer to Hotel in Munnar. Relishing the memories of the day, you can sleep overnight at the hotel in Munnar.
Check in and Check out: Preferably by noon by 2 pm on day 01 and check out after 23 hour or 1pm on the following day whichever is earlier.
Day 03: Munnar Day Tour
At the hotel, you will be provided with your breakfast and fill your stomach enough to keep going at the exciting that is looming in front of you at Munnar. We will take you to the flower garden where you can witness a myriad of exotic and beautiful flowers. Then you will have one of the most exciting things to do in Munnar—an elephant safari. Riding on the back of a tusker will leave you gasping for breath. You will also be able to visit the Mattupetty Tea Factory en route where you can witness at close quarters how the most important ingredient of the world famous beverage, tea, is made here. We will then proceed to the stunningly attractive Mattupetty Dam, Echo-Point and Kundala Dam. If you would like, you can ride on the waters of Kundala Dam on a speeding boat. The next exciting item is the drive where you will be taken along the vegetable fields located at the high mountains of Munnar at the borders of Tamil Nadu and Kerala. Relishing the memories of the day, you can sleep overnight at the hotel in Munnar.
If you are interested in Top Station Trekking can be arranged on Extra Cost INR 2000 Per Couple
Day 04: Munnar to Alleppey Houseboat |160Kilometers 05Hrs Drive| Recommend to start by 08am
From Munnar, after having breakfast, we will drive to another exciting place in Kerala to enjoy the scenic beauty of the backwaters—Alleppey, the Venice of the East. Endowed with diverse water bodies, intricate inland waterways, labyrinths of rivulets, and lakes, Alleppey will undoubtedly be embossed to your heart forever. The expansive stretches of green paddy fields, lines of coconut palms amidst the backwaters will make you fall in love with Alleppey and her immaculate beauty over and over again. You can also surely enjoy the exotic cuisine of Alleppey.Your overnight stay is arranged at a houseboat, which is the best part. If you so whish, you can go on a Canoe Cruise for extra cost.
Note: A/c will function only from 09:00 PM to 06:00 AM in Deluxe A/c House Boat, in Premium and above AC can be used whenever required. Boat will anchor from 05:00PM till 08:00AM. Special dishes can be arranged subject to availability against direct payment, Check in 01pm & check out will be 09am.
Day 05: Departure from Alleppey to Cochin |120 Kilometers 03Hrs Drive depends upon traffic
After the breakfast pack your baggages with a promise to return once again to this Paradise… later Proceed to Kochi, Fondly called the Queen of Arabian Sea, Kochi is essentially an exciting holiday spot to spend time at when you are in Kerala, Gods Own Country. You will have an umpteen options such as the Mattancherry Dutch Palace, Jewish Synagogue, Jews Street, St Francis Church and Chinese Fishing Nets etc. to visit and experience in Kochi. Shopping is an exciting part of holidaying in Kochi as it offers plenty of options to indulge in a shopping spree; the Broadway street vendors, Kochi Market and other shopping centres in Kochi are best suited for shopping. If you need an international stint for your shopping, Lulu Mall for shopping is the best place for you. Later on time to board your flight/train with sweet memories of your holiday. We await for your next visit … Bon Voyage. Service ends.
Package cost includes
- Accommodation in mention hotels & resorts
- Kids below 5 Years will be complimentary
- 01 Night at Meesapulimala with Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- 02 Nights in Munnar with Breakfast
- 01 Night in Alleppey House Boat with Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Breakfast, Lunch, Tea Snacks & Dinner included in House Boat
- All transfers & Sightseeing by A/c Car as per the itinerary
- Pick up & Drop from Cochin Airport or Railway station
- Service of an English speaking Driver
- Toll & Parking
- All applicable Hotel taxes
- 5% GST
Package does not include
- Travel/health insurance.
- Entrance fees to various sightseeing places.
- Camera/ Video charges.
- Any other incidentals not mentioned in the package.
- Extra runs on the transport other than the Itinerary
- Charges for early arrivals/ late departures.
Optional Activities & Entry Fees at Various sightseeing spots
- Eravikulam National park (Rajamalai) 90 per Person Indians
- Eravikulam National park (Rajamalai) Foreigner 360 per Person
- Eravikulam National Park Advance Reservation 50 per person
- Dream Land Fun Park in Munnar 600 Per Person
- Tea Museum in Munnar 125 per Person
- Elephant Ride in Munnar 400 per pax 15mins
- Mattupetty Dam – Speed Boating 600 for 5pax 15mins
- Mattupetty Dam Entrance 20 per person
- Eco-Point Pedal Boating 250 pedal for 30 mins
- Kundala Dam – Pedal Boating 350 for 20mins
- Top Station Entrance 25 Per person/Foreign Nationals Rs.50 Per person
- Kolukumalai Tea factory visit Entrance 100 per person
- Kathakali Show & Martial Arts 400 per Person
- Lockhart Tea factory Entrance 200 Indians & Foreigners Rs.400 per person
- Kolukkumalai Jeep safari 3000 per Jeep
- 04Hrs Soft Trekking in Munnar with Guide 1200 per Person
- Periyar Boating Charges 225 Per Person
- Entry Fees at Periyar Tiger Reserve 100 Per Person
General Terms & Conditions
- Unexpected Events: In case of any interruption to the smooth go of the itinerary due to Harthal \ Bandh or such strikes, we will organize\arrange for what is best appropriate to the situation, and any additional expenses in connection with such arrangements shall be payable by the tourist. In the unlikely event of our inability to provide the assured accommodation we will arrange alternative facilities.
- Tour Guide: Generally our drivers are good enough to guide you as per the itinerary though their English may not be super fluent or free of grammatical errors. But at the Museums and such historical places they would not be able to elaborate on the items. Here you need to rely on the descriptions of the items provided by the exhibitors. If you would need a professional guide other than the driver, please inform us so that we can provide one, and add the respective charges for the same.
- Sightseeing: Sightseeing items mentioned along the itinerary are indicative, and you may choose see them or skip them. Waterfalls are mostly narrow or dry during summer.
- Car and Driver Timings: Driver for your tour will be the same person from pickup to the drop except in case of any urgent need for change. The car and driver will be available to you throughout the tour to move as per the itinerary. Please consider that your safety is in the hands of the driver and allow him enough rest and sleep without insisting him to remain too late by nights. The charge for the car is calculated as per the discussed itinerary, and any extra kilometers the car runs because of any change of itinerary during the tour will be chargeable as the case may be.
- Holidays: Most Museums and Palaces and Zoos in Kerala are closed on Mondays. At Cochin the Dutch Palace is closed on Fridays, and the Jewish Synagogue is closed on Fridays and Saturdays. Therefore the sightseeing mentioned on the itinerary is subject to the holidays and related feasibility. If you would need to Micro-plan the itinerary please request a free micro-planning after your tour is confirmed with payment.
- Check-in & Checkout Timings: Most hotels have a 2 pm check-in and 12 noon Check-out. Therefore an earlier check-in or a late Check-out will be subject to availability and approval of the respective hotel.
- Extra/Optional Expenses: These are only indicative and are meant for your understanding of how much money you may carry with you for daily use.
- Contact info: Kindly make sure that you have given us your contact numbers, as well as your home contact numbers to communicate in case of any urgent needs.
A comprehensive guideline to understand the different categories of houseboats and the amenities and facilities that come with each category
Houseboats are catalogued into three different categories based on the very luxuries, amenities and facilities that accompany each of them. They are;
- Basic or Deluxe Category
- Premium Category
- Luxury Category
Houseboats under Deluxe Category
When you book a deluxe category houseboat, it will be available at your service for 21 hours. The houseboat will be accessible only to you and your family and not be shared with anyone else. You are given with two choices such as Alleppey backwaters or Kumarakom to select a destination for cruising and you can choose the one you are comfortable with. You might also avail a cruise from Alleppey to Kumarakom and back or Kumarakom to Alleppey and back, at the extra charge of Rs. 1500.
Check-in time is fixed at 12.00 in the noon and the check-out time is fixed at 9.00 AM. The houseboat has spacious room to accommodate you and your family and the room will have all the basic facilities. The room is air-conditioned which is provided only from 9.00 PM to 6.00 AM. The rooms are exceptionally clean and comfortable to enjoy your time in it. You will also be served food—vegetarian or non-vegetarian as you prefer, based on the menu provided to you. Pearlspot fish will be served for lunch and chicken will be served for dinner. If you would like to add a little more variety to your food and enjoy the exceptional cuisine of Kerala, you may buy diverse seafood items at extra cost. The next morning you will have the opportunity to go on another cruise on the houseboat for an hour from 8.00 AM to 9.00 PM, after having had your breakfast.
Your cruise will start from the time you check-in and it will last till 5.00 in the evening. During the cruise, the houseboat will need to be stopped en route for one hour for lunch. The cruise will come to its conclusion by 5.00 in the evening, and up to 8.00 in the evening, the houseboat needs to be anchored. The anchoring will be near any village, and as it is the backwaters, you might find mosquitoes a little annoying. As you will not have any activity to indulge in, it would be an exceptional opportunity to explore the villages near the backwaters. However, if you so wish, you can avail the Canoe Cruise at extra charges to spice your journey up a little.
If you think you need more activities to take part in while the houseboat is anchored, the best value-adding option is to stay in the resort during the night and choose for an exceptional day-cruise in the houseboat. However, this can be expensive for you, but you can choose either a Shikara Boat Cruise or Canoe Boat Cruise both of which are economical. However, they cost about Rs. 750/hour and the costs may vary as per the seasonal requirements and demands.
It is the responsibility of the clients to reach the houseboat in time and even when the customer is late, the cruising time will be the same. If the customers are late, under no circumstances, the cruising time will be extended or adjusted.
Houseboats under Premium Category
Houseboats under premium category are also governed by all the terms and conditions explained for deluxe category, the only difference being the time of air-conditioning. Unlike in the deluxe category, the room will be air-conditioned as and when it is needed by the clients.
Houseboats under Luxury Category
Houseboats under luxury category are also governed by all the terms and conditions explained for deluxe category, the only major differences being the time of air-conditioning, the facilities in the houseboat and the menu. In luxury category air-condition will be provided throughout the time the customers spend in the houseboat. The front living area of the houseboat will be only covered with glass and the room will be significantly spacious and luxurious. The menu will be slightly different from other categories and the customers will be served chicken for lunch, too. The staffs will be wearing uniforms to make the cruise look all the more professional.
Service Cost and Plans
It is impossible to commit to a constant price for the houseboats at all times, as the prices change according to the demand during different seasons, weekends and festival times. However, the normal charges are;
- Deluxe Category: The fares start from Rs. 8000 for 1 BHK houseboat.
- Premium Category: The fares start from Rs. 12000 for 1 BHK houseboat.
- Luxury Category: The fares range from Rs. 25000 to Rs. 50000 per room, per night in the houseboat.
Always bear in mind that all the applicable taxes are extra. All prices can vary in different companies. Same categories may have different prices in different companies.
There are no reviews yet.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.