There are several tourist destinations which are near Munnar. People who are keen on visiting other places while on vacation after visiting Munnar can find a range of places that are easily reachable.
Thekkady is only 110 kilometres away from Munnar. If you need to visit Thekkady as part of your Munnar tour, a one-day trip will be ideal from Munnar to Thekkady. Other tourist places that are near Munnar are;
• Idukki Dam which is 60 km away from Munnar
• Vagamon which is 150 kilometres away from Munnar
• Cherai Beach which is 150 km away from Munnar
• Kumarakom which is 170 km away from Munnar
• Athirapally waterfalls which are 180 km away from Munnar
• Alleppey Backwaters which is 200 km away from Munnar
• Kovalam Beach which is 320Kms away from Munnar
• Madurai Temple which is 180 km away from Munnar
• Kodaikanal which is 200 km away from Munnar
• Ootty which is 200 km away from Munnar
• Thekkady which is 120 km away from Munnar
• Trivandrum Padmanabhaswamy temple which is 200 km away from Munnar
• Palani Temple which is 140 km away from Munnar
• Kurangani which is 70 km away from Munnar
• Meghamalai which is 140 km away from Munnar
• Kanyakumari which is 400 km away from Munnar
Things to keep in Mind while planning a trip to Munnar
While planning a trip to Munnar with your friends and loved ones, there are certain things to keep in your mind. They are as follow;
• On Wednesdays, all the shops in Munnar are kept closed.
• On Mondays, all the Tea Factories & Museums are kept closed.
• All the tourist attractions, parks and lakes open at 8.00 AM and close at 5.00 PM
• Eravikulam National Park requires a reservation or else you may have to wait in long queues during the weekends and peak season. It can be availed online by logging on to; http://eravikulam.org/online-entry-tickets-terms/
• Lockhart, Thalayar and Mattupetty tea factories can be visited by travelers.
Where can I have Liquor in Munnar?
According to the new policy of the government, most of the hotels and resorts do not have the license to sell alcohol. However, from 01, July 2017, some of the resorts and hotels are expected to gain license due to the revision of the policy of the government. However, there are hotels such as Isaac Residency that have Beer & Wine Parlor facility.